We develop solutions covering the entire spectrum of human resources management and employment law issues, along with advice and support on business planning and compliance matters, such as commercial supplier contracts, corporate governance issues and small business start-up requirements. These solutions are rooted in our experience from many years of co-operation with individuals and companies of all organisational types, sizes and sectors. Get a better understanding of our services and expertise here.
Support for Employers and Businesses
We can provide support for Human Resource professionals, or business managers who do not have the benefit of internal HR support, in relation to the following issues:
- drafting and/or reviewing contracts of employment, staff handbooks, HR policies and procedures and internal dispute resolution correspondence
- the interpretation and application of internal HR policies, including grievance and disciplinary procedures, performance management and dismissal procedures, family friendly policies, whistleblowing, pay and deductions, absence management, holidays and working time issues
- equality and diversity issues and unlawful discrimination
- confidentiality and fidelity issues and post-termination restrictions and covenants
- contractual matters including notice of termination and garden leave
- change management: implementing and varying terms and conditions of employment, headcount reductions, re-locations and site-closures, transfers of undertakings and the implications of outsourcing and insourcing
- employee representative, including trade union recognition and de-recognition, collective bargaining, dealing with strikes and industrial action and the constitution of other employee representative bodies
- contentious employment and industrial relations matters in the employment tribunals
- corporate governance, including drafting and reviewing shareholders agreements, executives and directors' contracts, non-executive appontment terms, memorandum of association and Companies Act matters and general business establishment support
Advising Employees and Individuals
We aim to provide accessible and affordable advice to individuals without compromising on quality: "a City level of service, at a local cost".
We have extensive experience of advising a broad range of employees and individuals in relation to the following issues:
- reviewing and advising on terms and conditions of employment
- advising in respect of ongoing internal disputes with existing employers
- where appropriate, referring individuals to expert lawyers in relation to potential claims for:
- constructive and unfair dismissal
- unlawful discrimination
- breach of contract
- unlawful deductions from wages
- redundancy entitlements
- claims arising from collective rights relating to business transfers and/or collective redundancy situations
- infringement of rights relating to family friendly legislation
- annual leave and working time rights
- sickness and health and safety issues
- trade union and associated rights
- bullying and harassment
Transactional Support for Businesses
In circumstances where businesses are bought or sold, or services outsourced or insourced, we can advise in relation to the industrial relations implications, ensuring compliance can be achieved, whether that be the application of TUPE in the first place, or the subsequent compliance obligations that TUPE requires.
Additionally, we have significant experience of providing due diligence support to corporate teams involved in the acquisition of businesses, as well as the negotiation of the employment aspects of deal documentation. We can also assist and advise with regard to post-acquisition re-structuring and human resource change management.
Commercial Advice and Support for Businesses
We can draft, review, advise upon and negotiate commercial contracts for businesses, whether they be as suppliers of goods or services, or customers/clients of suppliers. For further details, see Commercial Contracts.
The content of this website is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Holt HR makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this website. Holt HR and Peter Holt do not operate as a solicitor's practice or as a solicitor and are not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Law Society. Peter Holt is a non-practising barrister and a member of the Inner Temple. Holt HR is an independent business consultancy.
© 2018 Holt HR Consulting. All rights reserved. The content of this website is not to be construed as containing legal advice. Holt HR Consulting will treat any information provided as confidential. No client relationship with Holt HR Consulting exists until a written agreement is signed.