Mergers & Acquisitions and Public Listings
- Advised Amer Sports on all employment aspects of its acquisition of the Salomon ski and sports business from Adidas-Salomon AG covering 24 global jurisdictions (€485m)
- Advised E.ON Ruhrgas AG on all employment aspects of its acquisition of Caledonia Gas & Oil Limited, in particular terms of termination of employment of outgoing senior management ($700m)
- Advised Doane Pet Care on the employment aspects of its sale of Arovit AS to Goldman Sachs (€120m)
- Advised China National Petroleum Company on the employment aspects of its acquisition of PetroKazahstan covering issues in China, Kazakhstan, England and Canada ($4.2bn)
- Advised Arcelor SA in relation to senior executive rights upon change of control and termination of employment regarding Mittal Steel attempted takeover ($13bn)
- Advised TMP Worldwide Limited (now Hudson) and monster.com on all employment aspects of a number of acquisitions, including Quarry Dougall, Job Line (£10m - £50m)
- Advised the Lloyds Market Association on the implications of the new 2006 TUPE Regulations on Binding Authority Agreements within the Lloyds insurance market.
- Advised Lancashire Insurance Holdings Limited on its corporate establishment and public listing on AIM ($1bn) (and subsequent ongoing employment and HR related issues)
PFI & PPP
- Walsgrave Hospital PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor ISS Mediclean to completion). Involved in the design and creation of the "Retention of Employment Model" pilot scheme.
- Newham Hospital PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor ISS Mediclean to completion)
- Advising Mowlem Aqumen plc regarding the £500m HSBC facilities management outsourcing contract
- Colchester Hospital PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor Mowlem Aqumen plc to completion)
- Barts and the Royal London Hospital PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor Mowlem Aqumen plc)
- Leicester Hospital PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor Serco Group plc to completion)
- Ealing Schools PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor to completion)
- Bradford Metropolitan Council PPP (advising consortium member Accord plc on terms of bid)
- Milton Keynes MBC PPP (advising principal contractor Hyder Business Services to completion)
- Kingston Hospital PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor ISS Mediclean to completion)
- Breckland District Council PPP (advising soft services sub-contractor Serco Group plc at ITN stage)
- MoD Skynet V spy satellite PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor Serco Group plc to completion)
- Westminster City Council PPP (advising sub-contractor Accord plc to completion and on-going post-completion matters)
- South Ayrshire Schools PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor at ITN stage)
- MoD Prime Central PPP (advising sub-contractor Serco Group plc at ITN stage)
- MoD Allenby & Connaught PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor Mitie Group at ITN stage)
- MoD “FireCATS” air defence PFI (advising soft services sub-contractor Serco Group plc to completion)
Contentious Employment Matters
- Advising E.ON Ruhrgas North Sea E&P Ltd regarding the termination and severance terms of the former UK Managing Director.
- Representing Hypercom EMEA Ltd regarding termination of several senior UK and German employees, including successfully defending Employment Tribunal claim and negotiating terms of severance.
- Advising Aspen Re: on Board level employment terminations and HR re-organisations at its UK subsidiary.
- Advising Omega Underwriting Limited on various matters arising from dismissals and personnel re-organisations.
- Advised (what was) BG plc at the Court of Appeal in the matter of Storer v. BG plc, regarding application of Human Rights Act 1998 to procedural aspects of Employment Tribunal proceedings).
- Advised the successful defendant (Jonathan Harris) in the restrictive covenants matter of Allsuch & Co. v. Harris in the High Court.
- Represented DynCorp Aerospace International Limited (“DAOL”) in the “whistleblowing” case of Bolkovac v. DAOL
- Advised and represented UK subsidiary of Automoviles Utilitarios in Sharp v. AUSA its successful defence of unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claims in the Manchester Employment Tribunal.
- Advised and successfully represented several international recruitment companies in employment tribunal proceedings in various employment tribunals in England.
The content of this website is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Holt HR makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this website. Holt HR and Peter Holt do not operate as a solicitor's practice or as a solicitor and are not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Law Society. Peter Holt is an unregistered barrister and a member of the Inner Temple. Holt HR is an independent business consultancy.
© 2019 Holt HR Consulting. All rights reserved. The content of this website is not to be construed as containing legal advice. Holt HR Consulting will treat any information provided as confidential. No client relationship with Holt HR Consulting exists until a written agreement is signed.